illustration friday "neighbor"


Hi everyone! Okay this post is a little far fetched to the topic "neighbor", but I thought I post it anyways. The women are neighbors on the beach, and, in the case of the left one, very critical ones at that.
The drawings are done in a new style! I combined vector with Corel Painter drawing additions (fabric detail and swirls in the hair), plus airbrush-like shading. The 2 illustrations are part of a series of 6 drawings done for a swimwear special in the magazine Femina, Switzerland. I kind of enjoy this new style, more easy-going and friendly than just vectors - what do you think?

Astrid
PotatoMammaDesign.com

12 comments:

Michelle Lana said...

thanks astrid! love your characters..these are great!

Rrramone said...

Very sassy, I like it. :-)

JO said...

It's a great style, I just wish I was proficient on the computer, I still can't get my scans right.

trudette said...

I am glad you've posted it , its a great picture.

Kim Buchheit said...

oh, these are beautifully rendered.... what skill you have!

md said...

like the style and their attitdue

Digital Scott's illustrationblog said...

Stylish and adorable!

Tracy said...

Astrid, I love your characters! Very chic. :)

Nancy Bea said...

Very stylish! Well-done.

mike r baker said...

Sweet! I looked at your portfolio too. You do wonderful work!

Adam said...

I think it adds a bit more to the vectors helping them come to life. I like what you've done here. They rock the sass! Good work. :)

arvindh said...

They are beautiful!