Happy Weekend Inspiration Card 7

This week's inspiration card is for all you hard workers out there! It is also my contribution to today's Illustration Friday illustration theme "routine". Let's not lose sight of what's really important - let's remember to take a step back and see the bigger picture. It's so easy to get lost in everyday routine, isn't it?

I remember when I was still employed (as opposed to having my own business now), it was so easy to get busy busy busy, and just go from one day to the next, from one task to the next. Today, I enjoy working a lot more - for my own company. It still happens to me sometimes to lose sight of the big picture. Not so much regarding what's important to me personally, but regarding my business and all the things I want to accomplish. Here, I have to send a big thanks to my coach, Leili McKinley from www.soaring-phoenix.com - she really helps me to focus on clear goals now. Thanks Leili!!

I created the illustration in the card for Swarovski. Maybe you recognize her: she's "Stella", the fashion magazine editor who has her own column on www.swarovski.com!

17 comments:

damon said...

lovey

i just love how you draw girls

by the way you link on IF is not working

Leili McKinley for Soaring Phoenix said...

Astrid,
First, thanks so much for the "shout out". Second, I really love the card. Its right on point. Can I send this as an eCard from here? I would like to send it to some of my clients. If not maybe you should enable that somehow...

AstridMueller said...

Thanks Damon! appreciate your comment about the working link too - can you specify which link? I tested all, and they worked fine. Thanks! I tried contacting you, but couldn't find your email address on your blog.

Leili - That's an excellent idea with the e-card, thanks for suggesting it! As a matter of fact, I'm planning that for the near future. If you sign up for my newsletter, you'll be one of the first to know when it's available. Just sign up on the right side of this blog, or send me an email to astrid@potatomammadesign.com, and I'll put you on my list.

To help you out with sending something to your clients, I'll contact you personally right away.

Thanks again!

jonisart said...

Perfect illustration for IF this week! Really love your clean graphic style!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Your blog is such a delicious treat for the eye. I love your banners and your illustrations and your writings. It's so girly and that is something that I love!. You make me so happy that I was born a girl! You go girl!!!!

Scooter said...

Hey potato mamma- thanks for the comment! Love the design on ALL your illos- nice work!

Kim de Young said...

Very Stylish, I love her pants too!

murphy girl said...

love this! also your happy weekend card number 6!

Bella Sinclair said...

Very stylish and a wonderful inspiration! So true, so true. Even as a stay at home mom, I sometimes get so lost in the itty bitty pet peeves and chores and fatigue that I lose sight of the big picture. But of course, if I looked like Swarovski, I'd stay focused more. Right?

Hmm. Seems your IF links aren't working yet. I'm using Firefox, maybe that's it. If I click both your name or your thumbnail, it says it can't find the server.

Ellen Byrne said...

VERY impressive character and piece. Really very nice!

Emily said...

This illo is quite familiar, but I try my best to keep my balance! And it’s all about balance in the end isn’t it?

Solvere volo said...

Your cards really inspire me!!! :) I love your work!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Vanessa! It makes me happy to be a girl too...I love how beautiful and stylish your work is!

Anonymous said...

This is very lovely. You have such a beautiful style.

Kelly Medina said...

Very nice illustration - love the silhouettes in the background and her hair is gorgeous. Well done!

Unknown said...

beautiful stuff. your designs are so light and delicate.

nice work on these last few posts.

&Rew.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous style!